If you're reading this, chances are you or someone you love is engaged... congratulations! While being engaged is filled with joy and excitement, planning your wedding without a professional can quickly have you feeling stressed out, flustered, and overwhelmed. So what's the solution? I'm glad you asked! Here are just 5 of the reasons why you should hire a Wedding Planner!
1. Your time is valuable. The average wedding takes 300-400 hours to plan, and that's not accounting for those extra hours spent scrolling through Pinterest at 2am! When you choose not to hire a Wedding Planner, you'll end up spending more time researching how and when to properly plan, design, and budget, than actually making the decisions and booking vendors.
Just like the big day itself, you should be enjoying your season of engagement, rather than stressing over how to balance your career, relationships, and social calendar.
2. You don't know how to create a proper wedding budget. No really, you don't... and you shouldn't be expected to! The internet is filled with misinformation on how to create a budget for your wedding. Articles on Pinterest and even the "big-box" wedding blogs miss the mark- not only are their sample budgets vague, but they are not accounting for vendor rates from your local market, what your wedding priorities are, or all of the little details that go into making your vision come to life... which can add up, even (and in some cases, especially) if you're DIY-ing certain elements.
Your Wedding Planner will be able to guide you through creating a thoughtful and well-rounded budget based on your must-haves. For example: are you and your fiance huge foodies, but not big partiers? Your Planner would know to suggest budgeting for a fantastic DJ rather than a 7-piece band, so you and your guests can enjoy an immersive food station experience that truly represents the two of you!
3. You kind of know the vision for your wedding, but you're unsure of how to communicate it or pull it all together.
With so much experience reading in-between the lines and thinking creatively, we know just how to take your general inspiration, and create an authentic and cohesive design you'll love. We'll guide you through a collaborative design process to make your wedding as beautiful as the relationship you're celebrating!
Not every Wedding Planner offers Design, so be sure to ask if it's included! Hint: We include this service in our Full Planning + Design package, and design can be added on to Wedding Management!
4. Creating a wedding day timeline is more complicated than it sounds. You'll probably be able to outline the timing of your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, and you may even have a good idea of how long it will take you and your wedding party to get ready. But what about all of the details in between?
There are so many details to consider- when will boutonnières and corsages be pinned and who will be responsible for this? How should you schedule vendors to arrive so they're not stacked on top of each other? When will the reception space be ready for photos? Are you and your fiance exchanging gifts, and does your videographer need dedicated time to record your letters being read? Should you do your parent dances before of after dinner? Not only do we as Planners know the details to include and when to include them for optimal experience, but we know how much time to realistically budget for each, so you're not rushing around or feeling overwhelmed.
At a very minimum, hiring a Planner for Wedding Management (formally referred to as a "Day of Coordinator") will ensure your day flows smoothly and all the details you've worked so hard to plan are put into practice.
5. We will fight for your vision, make sure everything runs according to plan, and be the point-person in case of wedding day hiccups.
You've been working with your Wedding Planner for a while now, so you're already confident about the rock-solid plan they've created, and you trust that they understand your vision. This means you and your loved ones can relax and enjoy your big day without being worried if vendors are arriving on time, if the napkins are folded just as you'd described, or if the seating chart is being set up in the proper place.
Having a Planner as the one central source of information for your vendors, family, and wedding party to refer to means everyone gets the same information, from someone who has you and your fiance's sole interests in mind. You can have peace of mind knowing that we'll take care of the details while calmly guiding you through the day's activities. This way you’re free to enjoy each special moment with your loved ones and marry the love of your life!
Still not sure? We would love to hear from you and answer any questions you have about hiring a Planner or Wedding Manager! Water to Wine Events offers Wedding Planning, Design, and Management in the Houston and surrounding areas. We create custom-tailored packages to meet you where you are in your planning process, and ensure you're guided through every step of the way! Find out more here
Congratulations, and Happy Planning!